The Community Relations Director position develops and implements a comprehensive marking and communications program ensuring the agency's brand and message are consistent, and successfully supports the development program. Is responsible for soliciting private resources to meet annual budget goals that sustain the agency's mission long-term. Works closely with the Executive Director to educate and develop government relationships, strategic partners, business relations and the community at large.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- At least eight years of strong fundraising and/or community relations experience.
- Understanding of business functions.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- At least five years in a senior management role.
- Experience as an public relations officer.
- Experience in fundraising.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledge of the local and national philanthropic community and foundation funding sources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and meeting goals.