You Won’t Want to Miss This
- This event has passed.
Kapolei/Ewa Beach Homelessness Information Session
June 3, 2021 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
An informative session about what you can do (and what NOT to do) to mitigate the impacts of people encamped on or occupying your property.
Topic: Win-Win Strategies for Encountering Homeless on Your Property or Place of Business
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2021
Who Should Attend: Business Owners, Landowners, Property Managers, Developers, Legislators
- Connie Mitchell, Executive Director, The Institute for Human Services, Inc.
- Castro Masaniai, Outreach Program Manager, The Institute for Human Services, Inc.
- Joseph O’Neal, A Lt, Community Outreach, Honolulu Police Department
- Achieve Zero (formerly Alea Bridge)
- US Vets
Topics for Discussion:
- What kinds of homeless service providers are there?
- What you can expect from homeless outreach teams?
- Limits of what service providers can do
- How to document interactions with homeless individuals and ensure a follow-up from service providers
- Why homeless people gravitate to certain properties
- How to discourage encampments on your property
- How to file a police report
- What is required for police to cite people for trespassing on your property
Submit your questions in advance to be answered during the session.
Kapolei Chamber of Commerce